TECH COMMITTEE is meeting on September 14, 2023, 6:00 PM at Piper Glen Clubhouse Bar and will meet every two weeks moving forward. All residents are welcome and invited to attend.
There was discussion at the August 2023 HOA meeting regarding soccer play on the courts. NO SOCCER IS TO BE PLAYED IN THE PICKLEBALL AREA. DO NOT KICK BALLS INTO THE NETS. At a later time we will address possible installation of a soccer goal for play in the field west of the courts.
Starting July 27, 2023, pickleball paddles and balls will be available for rent at the pool house. They will be rented ONLY to residents of Piper Glen who are in good standing with the HOA. The equipment can be rented while the pool attendants are on duty (11:30 AM to 8:00 PM). You will need your fob and a valid driver’s license or ID to rent the equipment. The ID will be kept in the pool house until the equipment is returned. This equipment was donated, please take care of it and return it so others can utilize it as well!
Annual Dues Deadline May 1st
Annual dues in the amount of $250.00 is due by May 1st. Late fees apply if paid past due date.
Checks made payable to Piper Glen Subdivision Association and mailed to PO Box 20026, Springfield, IL 62708-0026 or email Morgan Padget, Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for electronic invoice via email to pay online with credit or debit card.
Spring 2023: May 05 & 06, 2023
Fall 2023: September 29 & 30, 2023
Spring 2023: May 10 – 15, 2023
Fall 2023: October 06 & 07, 2023
Please bring your photo ID with Piper Glen address to show proof of residency to dispose of acceptable items. Please note the following items are NOT allowed in the dumpster:
The following are some of the By-Laws of Piper Glen residents need to be aware of. This is not a complete list; please refer to the official copy of the Piper Glen By-Laws for a complete description of all the covenants.
- The primary purposes of the association are to maintain, regulate, improve, preserve and control the park areas, playground equipment, swimming pool, entrances and exits, signage, common areas & their lighting, rural postal mailboxes, and provide social events in the current and future plats of the Piper Glen Subdivision.
- The fiscal year of the Association shall begin on April 1 to collect mandatory dues that are due May 1 st and ends on March 31 st of the following year.
- The annual Association meeting will be on the second Tuesday of November.
- The Board’s annual budget shall occur on a date the Board may set.
- The due date for annual mandatory dues is on or before May 1 st each year.
All written requests to the Piper Glen Architectural Control Committee (ACC) should be submitted to ACC members listed on Contact Us page of this website.
The following are some of the covenants Piper Glen residents need to be aware of. This is not a complete list; please refer to the official copy of the Protective Covenants for Piper Glen for a complete description of all the covenants.
- All construction must be in compliance with the zoning regulations that apply to each lot.
- Each garage must at a minimum provide space for at least two cars and must be attached to the dwelling.
- All sump pumps must discharge into drainage swales, or if provided by the developer, into the drainage tile at the rear of the lots.
- No building, including detached structures temporary or permanent, shall be erected, driveway constructed, swimming pool installed, or transformers and distribution pedestals without the approval of the Architectural Control Committee.
- No above ground swimming pools, solar panels, or television antennas may be installed.
- Satellite dishes may be installed with the approval of the Architectural Control Committee.
- No fence or wall shall be erected, placed or altered without the prior written approval of the Architectural Control Committee.
- All construction must be diligently pursued to completion within a reasonable period but in no case to exceed one year.
- No lot owner or occupant shall permit any commercial vehicle, trailer including without limitation, cargo trailer, camper, boat trailers, house trailers, mobile homes, or carryalls to be parked or stored on the lot, in the driveway, or in the street in front of alongside of the lot for more than 48 hours.
- The owner of any vacant lot shall cut the weeds and maintain the same in proper condition.
- No lot owner shall cut or remove any living tree having a diameter of 4 inches or more measured at a point 12 inches above the ground, without the approval of the Architectural Control Committee.
- All property owners shall provide a garage for the number of automobiles in use by the residents on the property.
If any homeowner has any complaints about overgrown weeds and/or grass on a lot you can call the City of Springfield Public Works at 217-789-2167. The City will give the owner one week to mow the lot and if the work is not done will mow the lot and send a bill to the lot owner.